WorldPride, 12-22 August 2021
21 Jul 2021
WorldPride is a global lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI+) festival to celebrate and advocate for LGBTI+ equality worldwide.
EuroGames is a safe space for LGBTI+ athletes to compete without discrimination.
This year, Copenhagen2021 will host both events in Copenhagen, Denmark and Malmö, Sweden between 12-22 August 2021
The theme for Copenhagen2021 is #YouAreIncluded to demonstrate standing against discrimination regardless of sexuality, gender identity, race, religion, health or any other factors.
- Further information about this year’s theme and events can be found on the official Copenhagen2021 website.
Advice for travellers
International travel continues to be severely restricted globally as a number of variant strains have emerged. Guidelines are subject to change at short notice as the COVID-19 situation evolves:
- You should follow the latest international travel guidance for either Scotland, England, Northern Ireland or Wales, depending on where you live.
Before booking any travel, you should review the latest FCDO foreign travel advice to determine the entry requirements:
- As of 20 July 2021 Denmark and Sweden have restricted entry for UK travellers.
- Full details of entry requirements for travellers from the UK are available for both Denmark and Sweden on the FCDO website and are subject to change.
In addition, before travel you should:
- review the 'traffic light system' rules for when you return to the UK
- check your risk of exposure to coronavirus (COVID-19) at your destination
- consider other health issues you may have that you need to plan for
- make sure you have valid travel insurance which will cover your trip, including any issues caused by COVID-19
The COVID-19: Health Considerations for Travel page provides more detailed information on all of the above steps, including additional considerations that you should take both during and after travel.
Furthermore, if you are attending WorldPride, you should:
- read the LGBT Travellers page
- consider if you are up to date with your routine vaccinations; and check if you might need any boosters
- seek advice on safer sex and how to prevent sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- exercise care with respiratory and hand hygiene measures
- take safe food and water precautions
- practice safer sex and use condoms
After returning from WorldPride, remember to:
- seek medical advice if you are experiencing any symptoms of infection or illness
- seek sexual health advice and screening if you had unprotected sex with a new partner